Skip to main content

Making Sleeves!

So in typical Brianna fashion I decided to do my own thing with making the sleeves for the Queen's Forest Dress. Using the measurements I drew out a sleeve on cream fabric. I wanted to keep them simple and bend slightly a the elbow - which is how I got this shape.

I made it a little bit bigger at the top to do gathering stitches and a little bit wider at the bottom than needed to account for the lace ruffles I would add (which will take up room on the inside of the sleeve where the Queen's arm is).

First I cut out the two sleeves from the curtain fabric. Then I ran two sets of gathering stitches across the top. Next I sewed green silk to the hem of the sleeve (the green matches the King's vest back & facings). After this was done I cut out the lace and sewed them in pleats along the hemline.

Last step was sewing the sleeve's seam together.

The sleeves are not sewn into the armhole in this picture, they are simply pinned to the mannequin to see how they look length wise.

I am really happy the combination of fabrics and the way the sleeves turned out!

Comments