Skip to main content

Making 18th Century Men's Vests

Due to the costume stock from the places I've pulled pieces for the show, I will be making 3 men's vests. I'm pretty excited to make costume pieces for the show. For my show I didn't make items but did alterations and little tweaks. So after establishing the style of the vests I dug through my fabric stash to find the different colors and patterns I would want for the different vests.
For my first vest I chose a black with white thin stripes for the front panels, a grey for the back, a different grey for the lining, and then a solid black for the facings. 

Inside look at the vest.

Snapshot of the vest. Ready for a fitting!

Different angle of the vest. I decided to stop at this point and do a fitting so I could then make any alterations necessary. After the fitting I will need to finish the armholes, add buttonholes and buttons, and finish the hem.

Comments