Skip to main content

Costume Parade Success!


Wednesday was our Costume Parade and it went really well! A lot of the notes were hem related, which is great since I had switched out a few items. It was wonderful to finally see everyone in costume and see the colors come together! 

The Do Wops are so bright & I think their looks turned out really well. The 3 girls shirts, bottoms, and scarves were made, along with the guy's shirt. I also bought them colorful headbands, saddle shoes, & ankle socks to pull their looks together. The sweater and textured pants tone down the guy's bright green top, but for a few scenes he takes the sweater off and the shirt really pops. I loved seeing them in their looks. We also added petticoats under the 2 skirt looks for a more full skirt appearance. 



The cast will be doing full dress rehearsals starting Monday evening. We'll actually be getting pictures taken Tuesday night, it'll be nice to have some professional shots instead of my meh looking ones. The idea is to get some great pictures and have then in the lobby of the theater but in black and white. It's to show how it would look on TV since the show is set as if it was being filmed on a TV studio - hence the cray wonderful colors in set & costumes. Once I have better pictures I will post them with details. 

I do have a few small sewing projects to finish before Monday. I'm adding a pocket to the inside of a jacket, fixing the waistband on a crinoline, adding 2 darts to a Do Wop blouse, fixing an apron, and then styling the 2 wigs I'm using for the show. So really not too bad for a weekend. I'm hoping to get everything but the wigs done before my Production Meeting this evening. Then I'll just bring the wigs to the show's dress rehearsal Monday night. Not too shabby at all! 

Sneak Peek of some of the Cast

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Malotke Writes - Updated Website

Guess who got new headshots done? Me! I've been continuing to submit various written pieces (poems, drabbles, flash fiction, short stories, etc.) and have been needing headshots for some of the submissions. Since I have been using my photo from senior year of college (shot for the fashion show program) I had decided that maybe it was time for some new, and way more recent, photos.  Pictured left is one of my favorite photos from the photography session. I've already updated my website using a bunch of the photos and I've sent them off for social media / marketing for upcoming interviews & anthologies that I'm included in.  Here is a link to my writing website: Malotke Writes

Mood Board for Writing Characters

The Dire Circle - " The circle is dire, much like the outcomes of these stories. In this black zodiac themed anthology, you may come to dislike other people...maybe even yourself."   When I pitched an idea for "The Dire Circle" during 2021, I wasn't sure that it would even get picked. But, once it did and I was given a Black Zodiac to then develop my short story, I decided to do what I do for costuming a character - I made a mood board for my main character.  My Black Zodiac was the Serpent and my short story for the anthology is Twisted Tales, Dripping in Honey . My story centered around a very femme fatale main character with lots of buried secrets. I looked to old Hollywood glamour, dark reds, demon eyes, and other glints of seductress mixed with sweetness to create Melia . For me, coming up with a name was very difficult. After creating what should would look like, having an idea of her voice, her outfits, her drive, everything about her, I still needed the